The new, advanced design Channel Monster XD systems surpasses all existing technologies in terms of performance, durability, maintenance costs and ease of installation.
The patented Channel Monster system, which combines rotating screening drums and a Muffin Monster® grinder, accommodates high flow rates while grinding difficult solids to manageable particle sizes. Stainless steel coil drums improve capture efficiency, increase flow, prevent material wrapping and provide greater strength. Perforated screening drums are available for ultra high-flow applications such as pump stations.
The Channel Monster’s rugged design achieves a higher capture rate of solids prior to grinding, leading to better protection of downstream equipment and minimizing long term maintenance costs.
Heavy-duty or problem pump stations are now easier to manage with the Channel Monster's larger, extreme duty design. The XD system can handle huge slugs of material in high-flow pump stations. Click here for more on the Channel Monster XD.
Features and Benefits
Dual Shafted Grinder
- Capable of handling a wider variety of solids than single shafted machine
- Counter rotating shafts direct solids toward center of grinder
Bar Screen Replacement
- Standard stainless steel coil construction, with 1/4" (6mm) openings and up
- Optional stainless steel 6mm perforated drums
- Custom engineered with various tooth configurations to meet specific application needs
Automated PLC Monitoring and Controls
- Auto load sensing and reversing reduces interrupts
- Three motor options allows precise control and independent operation of the drums and the cutter stack
Low Profile Bottom End Housing
- Improves grinding capabilities at low flow by utilizing more of the cutting chamber
- Bushing deflector diverts solids and rags into cutters while protecting seal assemblies from rocks and grit
Ease and Flexibility of Installation
- Adapts to most existing channel applications with little or no civil work required
- Pressure capability to 90 PSI (6 bar)
- No seal flush required and no packing gland to adjust
- Single drum fits channels as narrow as 21" (533 mm) wide
- Double drum accommodates channel widths up to 54" (1372 mm) wide